This DreamTrip is for adults only.
Children are not allowed on this trip.
Please contact Travel Support
if you have special requests regarding bedding, meals or medical needs, or any other questions about this trip.Please note:
A host is provided only on trips with bookings of 10 or more adults.Please note:
At the time of booking, you will see a page with your order number and trip cost. This is your confirmation. Please retain and bring this information with you on your trip.
Gratuities are not included. We suggest providing gratuities at your own discretion.
Don’t forget to check out DT Local on the DreamTrips app for suggestions from our membership community on participating restaurants, spas, entertainment options and other activities near you.
Arrival airport transfers:
• Transfers from Entebbe International Airport (EBB) to Crater Safari Lodge are included.
• Please be sure to book your arrival flight into Entebbe International Airport (EBB) so that you arrive early and are ready at the domestic terminal for your included 8 a.m. transfer to Crater Safari Lodge.
• If you choose to stay overnight in a hotel in Entebbe the night before the trip starts, you will need to make your own arrangements for transportation between your hotel and the domestic terminal of Entebbe International Airport (EBB) — please ensure that you arrive early and are ready for your included 8 a.m. transfer to Crater Safari Lodge.
• Please be aware that the transfer from Entebbe International Airport (EBB) to Crater Safari Lodge takes approximately 5-6 hours, depending on any stops for photographs, etc.Departure airport transfers:
• Transfers from Gorilla Safari Lodge to Entebbe International Airport (EBB) are included.
• Please note:
The transfer from Gorilla Safari Lodge to Entebbe International Airport takes approximately 9.5 hours, so please book your departure flight accordingly.Chimpanzee and gorilla treks:
• Please note:
Wildlife-watching depends on certain factors such as the weather, animal behavior patterns, and environmental conditions, etc. As a result, chimpanzee and gorilla sightings cannot be guaranteed and tracking times can vary.
• You will be allowed up to 1 hour to view the gorillas from when they are sighted by your group. (This is to ensure that the wild animals are not overexposed to human presence.)
• Please be prepared for any rapid changes in weather. We recommend wearing comfortable, lightweight clothing with long sleeves and layers with moisture wicking.
• We also recommend that you wear a good pair of lightweight walking shoes, boots or gaiters.
• Please be aware that you will be hiking in heat and at high altitudes over steep terrain. Walking sticks will be available at the entrance to the park, as are porters who can assist you on this difficult terrain.Daypack items for your treks:
• Waterproof bag to protect photographic equipment, etc.
• Extra film (we recommend 400-1600 ASA), lenses and batteries for videos and cameras, plus adapter for 220/240 AC voltage.
• Hat (with brim), gloves (such as gardening gloves), sunscreen, sunglasses (with neck strap) and insect repellent (with DEET).
• Lightweight waterproof jacket or poncho. We also recommend that you bring the following on this DreamTrip:
• Photocopies of your passport, visas, credit cards and airline tickets.
• Reusable water bottle.
• Flashlight with extra batteries.
• Swimwear (and a plastic bag for packing it in).
• Sweater, sweatshirt or fleece.
• Lightweight wool socks.
• Sandals or walking shoes.
• 1 additional pair of shoes to wear in the evenings.
• 1 pair of shorts and 1-2 pairs of lightweight pants for trekking.
• Long-sleeved and short-sleeved shirts (preferably moisture wicking).
• Additional shirts, pants, skirts, etc. to wear in the evenings.
• Wipes or moist towelettes.
• First-aid kit with anti-diarrheal medicine, rehydration sachets, aspirin, motion sickness pills, lip balm, eye drops, adhesive bandages and antiseptic cream, plus any prescription medication.
• Extra pair of eyeglasses.Optional activities at Crater Safari Lodge (at your own expense):
• Hiking around Nyinabulitwa Crater Lake (US$20 per person).
• Canoeing at the lake (US$25 per person).
• Cycling around the crater lakes or local tea estates (US$25 per person).
• Kayaking (US$90 per person, per hour).Optional activities at Gorilla Safari Lodge (at your own expense):
• Biking safari with included mountain bike and gear to Lake Mutanda (US$80 per person), Lake Bunyonyi (US$95 per person) or Kisoro town (US$95 per person).
• Biking safari with included mountain bike and gear to trek the gorillas and back to the lodge (US$35 per person).
• Massage treatment (US$50 per person).
• Birding in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park with included park fees (US$85 per person).
• Nature trails to Lake Mutanda (US$50 per person), Lake Muhele (US$50 per person) or Nkuringo village (US$50 per person).
• Guided forest walk and hiking at Bayenda Falls with included park fees (US$85 per person).
• Community visits to meet local people, watch women weaving, and to see schools, the fruit and vegetable market (Fridays only) and more (US$20 per person).
• Experience with Batwa indigenous people in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park (US$85 per person).
• Experience with Batwa indigenous people in the Rushaga district of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (US$65 per person).